OK, let's track the weekend. We drove up to Mom's house on Wednesday afternoon so that we could enjoy a marvelous turkey dinner with the family on Thursday. We were there with Mom and her friend, Al; Gary and his wife, Deb; Robin and her son, Chris; Vicki and I, along with our daughter, Abby and her husband, Joey and Joey's sister, Melody; and our son, Andy; and Bev and her mother, Lucy. After dinner, we all sat around talking about past Thanksgivings and family reunions and telling stories about our loved ones who were no longer here. It was wonderful to have so many family members together again and to remember all the past get togethers in Philadelphia or York or Frederick. I, for one, hope that we can continue to gather as cousins, aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters or whatever and maintain the bonds that make us a family. Maybe this blog will help with that.
On Friday, Vicki and I drove home, since our son, Scott and his fiance, Tiffany, were coming to visit. They did not have much of a Thanksgiving themselves, so Vicki decided to cook a turkey dinner for them, which we all enjoyed on Saturday. After dinner, Scott and Tiffany decided they wanted to decorate the house for Christmas, so they got busy around 4 PM and worked until close to 11 PM to put up all the outside lights and other decorations. The picture is posted above.
I spent most of yesterday and today in bed with a chest cold, but I did manage to have leftover turkey and stuffing for lunch and then again for dinner today. A couple days of rest like that are all I need to get over my cold and I am feeling pretty good tonight.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration and now it's full speed ahead to Christmas and New Year's and then the ever dreaded New Year's Resolutions. AAAAAIIIIIGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!
I wish each of you a wonderful Christmas celebration, as we recall and celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. May the blessings of the Lord and this season be with each of you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment